Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Witha little help from my...online contacts

So thanks to the generosity of many people on Building Homes I was able to get some info about the Design Centre.

While information will certainly have changed over the course of even months, the information gives me a good idea what to expect and boy is it shocking. Makes me wonder if that $5000 bonus signing was really even worth it...then again it's $5000 less that I would have to pay to get extra sockets, or cables, or a pantry. What gets me though is the overall cost of things, you can really tell someone is pocketing a little extra money.

Without even picking things I would "wish" for, I know that basic stuff like crown moulding, chair railing, new floors, etc that can all be stuff I do on my own and I will know it's done right...I might just stick to basic upgrades that will really help resale. Since I focused so much on the upgrade kitchen (before the design centre) I will probably invest my $5k into there, but with what...well who knows...time to read a little to maybe narrow down what I like...and then on the weekend visit the DC to get a feel for their products.

No comments:

Post a Comment