Friday, February 26, 2010

Update to house

So looks like some good news is coming my way for the house. No not early closing or lower prices, that wouldn't be good news, that would be insane news.

I think like many people who bought the Fernwater Elevation B, we discovered that the porch layout was incorrect to what we all saw on the floor plans and at the model home in HMB.

This is how the porch is to look with my elevation B(this was from Fernwater@HMB blog)


This is what I, like many was expecting:


I felt like the porch layout I was getting is not very practical, very difficult to move items into your house, why are the stairs off set, who would think of that...so I wrote a letter to the Customer Care people enquiring if this could be changed to be accomodate myself (for the move) and my family members (and senior ones).

After almost a month (but continuous emails to follow up to let me know I was not being ignored - which I appreciated), I got the final verdict. They will accomodate me it seems and change me over to the correct porch layour (the one seen @ the model home in HMB).

My only thing to confirm is for sure is that they aren't going to change me to an Elevation A (as it seems all Elevation A's get that layout). If they are, then they would owe me a refund as that elevation is $2,000 cheaper than what I paid. Waiting to hear back but this was some very good news for my crappy week.

Now off to finalze the order of my appliances from The Brick....there's a big sale and this price ends Sunday!

3 comments:

  1. Hey cool! Good for you in getting that changed. I mean, honestly, how hard is it really to change the layout of the porch railing anyway? That's all that they really need to do. Everything else will be the same. I still may try to change mine up. It wouldn't be too hard. Just need to source the material. And I'm not sure if I feel like spending the money doing it either. We'll see....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck on getting yours changed too if you can. It was helpful that my mom really did not like it, and she knew how hard it is for my gran to try and get up that with her walker.
    It doesn't affect the layout of the house, so why not keep it as people see.

    ReplyDelete
  3. you have to be practical with the design you come up with. Because the moment you have to move and transfer things then the issues will occur. A lot of this happens on home buying and also not properly designed. It would be also a good place to leave when its spacious and solemn to watch. The air can just flow and the area is just not to crowded.

    ReplyDelete