Monday, March 8, 2010

Appliances purchased!

I forgot to update this after having selected my appliances for the house. Better late than never!

I had originally decided to stay with the standards that Mattamy provides, since I was updating my hood fan to black I would just advise them at The Brick that I would pick black. We went there early Feb. to have a look see, but I was informed that they had actually loaned out the standards, so I have no idea what they actually looked like. Disappointed I walked around a bit, just pipe dreaming of what I could eventually get for myself. Stumbling into Appliances I saw some big sales, I enquired from Melis what I would be looking at cost wise if I were to upgrade from standard. He gave me a breakdown of the ones I was leaning on possibly upgrading to.

I thought on it til the very last day of the sale, and opted to just go with the upgrade. Yes, shame, I spent more money again. Here are the upgrades I picked, I know they aren't stainless and that's actually easier for me, less smudges, etc, but I think they should still go with my black hood fan (at least more so than a white one).

Frigidaire 18cf Silver Mist, Energy Star


Frigidaire Free-Standing Self-Clean Range w/Ceran Top - Silver Mist


Frigidaire Undercounter Dishwasher - Silver Mist - Energy Star


Overall, I'm happy with my starter upgrade choices, I can always build up from there in my future. I think these appliances will flow nicely with the modern look of my kitchen, to be seen of course!

One nice thing about having bought these, while it did cost me money, I don't actually have to pay until 45 days before my closing, so that gives me plenty of time to save the cost for them, and since I'm already saving all my money, I can save some for both mortgage and appliances.

No comments:

Post a Comment