Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Fully Furnished


On Sunday there was a special event at The Brick for Mattamy Home Buyers. They called it a VIP event where there would be snacks, chance to chat with Mattamy, and great deals on stuff in the store. I figured I should go because I know there are some furnishings for the house I will need.

There were quite a few people in there as well as many a representative. Someone was always coming up to us (my mom, aunt and I) to try and help us out. We met one sales rep Nathan, who very politely greeted all of us, and explained everything in regards to the sales (28% off individual items and 15% of sets). He asked what I was looking at finding and we started off with bedroom. I admit I'm pretty picky to my tastes of items, or I'm not confident in my design choices so I always looked to my mom or aunt for advise. Nathan however was really good in not only listening but finding things I liked. After 2 hours we had finally gone through the entire store (several times) and I wound up furnishing my entire place. Below are the pictures of everything I got that night.

One great thing to mention is that through the entire night Nathan kept with us but also when we told him go off and find someone else who you can get as a customer, he would always return (perhaps they had a rep or he knew he was going to make a sale). He was extremely patient with my constant flip flopping between items but at the end of the day he did everything he could to get me a better deal which I really appreciated (as did my credit card).

Oh, another great thing was I wasn't obligated. Yes, I had to put a 10% down-payment for the stuff I did get, but I could back out anytime I wanted (before closing) without being penalized and I would get a full refund of my down-payment. Also if I changed my mind about an item, wanting to remove it or change to another one, I also could do so without issue.

So here are my choices, by room, certainly not everyone's taste but somehow I think it fits me and fits my style of house:


My bedroom set - Louis Phillipe Cherrywood Sleigh Bed 6pc (headboard, railings, footboard, night-stand, dresser, mirror). I am going to try and take out the mirror and ask to swap it for another night-stand instead (they are same cost) as I am not a fan of mirrors facing the bed.


TV stand for bedroom - again part of the Louis Phillipe set (only have pic in black though). I was going to put this in my bedroom so I could watch TV but now I have decided to get rid of this as I don't have another TV or cable box as well, best not to watch TV in bed if I can help it.


I opted to get the bedspread ensemble that is originally seen on the bed set, something about it just appealed to me, like it was calling my name.


These are the two couches I got for my living room (or great room as they call it). One is 3 seater the other a love seat. Normally I would have gotten a reclining one (I am partial to those) but it just didn't flow in the room and I thought this was better match overall to my cupboard choices and flooring etc.



I got an area rug to put over my rug in great room. I found this rug to be pretty bold (for me) but I think it will really pick up the colours from my couches, my TV stand (already owned) and my entire house.


For my dinning room I went with a sideboard(hutch), something about this one appealed to me. After purchase though I started to realise not only the cost of it was way too much but also it doesn't match my dinning room table/chair set from Ikea. So it's to be returned now and I will be getting the matching one from Ikea.


This one matches my dinning room table


And last but not least, I got a washer/dryer combo. I really wasn't expecting to, but this was a good price, it's a good brand, and a nice colour. If I see another combo I like instead of this one for the same price I can just swap it too so it's really win/win for me.



So now that all my shopping is done I am basically stress free. My biggest focus will now be to find coordinating items for every room, starting with my bathrooms. In my spare time I will do this along with visiting my lot when I can.

No comments:

Post a Comment