Sunday, March 28, 2010

And the construction begins

Yes, you're reading right. If you are as surprised as I am raise your hand *raises hand*

My house isn't supposed to close until October 14, at which time they told me the contruction would commence in June.

I had heard some talk on the BuildingHomes forums that they were progressing on my street and having driven by it several times I thought I had seen homes going up.

So my parents, aunt and I swung out to Kanata to have a peak to see if there was in fact any progress. Approaching my lot I saw a lot of my neighbours homes already built (exterior built) and I wondered when was their closing dates. I can honestly say I didn't expect much if anything, it's only end of March, still 2.5 months away til start of construction.

As we figured out which lots were which (it did seem different from the lot map I remembered) I found my home. And what I found was more than I ever expected.

I will let the pictures speak for what I have

Footings!


Here you can see the spacing that I will have between my lot (end unit) and my neighbours, lot premium!


Me freezing my ass off in front of the lots


So based on all that I see on my lot and based on my calculation, at this point it appears I am about 12 weeks ahead of schedule. Part of me is really happy about that because it means I can get my house sooner rather than later, which means less burden on my parents. Another part of me is trying to be calm about it and think it would be nicer to save longer for my mortgage. The last part of me is skeptical and thinks they will be delayed.

I now plan to visit every weekend that I can, especially to track progress with the camera. I think my parents will be going when they can, but obviously not to obstruct any work that is being done. My biggest thing to watch for is when they build my porch, I have to make sure that they build it per my new agreement with my CCR and not the original specifications.

Overall, I had a really good Saturday!

1 comment: