Monday, March 8, 2010

Let the packing and moving commence

As mentioned earlier, until my new home is built, my parents have generously allowed me to crash back in my old bedroom. While it might not be the most ideal situation for any adult, it is the most economical and that matters more to me than what anyone might think.

Normally I would have a lot more packed up in my apartment and brought over to my parents, as I have to be out of that apartment by March 31, and being me, I would totally put it all off til March 29-30 (that's how I roll). We have been trying to get my parents rooms all cleaned out and organized for my return, as I might have left with some stuff but seem to be returning with more, that includes a new pet.

Bella (my cat) has actually been staying at my parents since Christmas, this has allowed her plenty of time to adjust to my parents dogs (whom I actually would have believed would have killed and eaten her) so now it's just for me to adjust being back there. My dad has been feverishly working on getting my old room back to how it used to be (e.g. cleaned out and ready for my designing). We upgraded the ceiling to make it more soundproof and solid, one request I had since I would be putting my entertainment unit in my room now.

This weekend, while mom was away my dad and I got my double bed moved over (the Queen will have to wait until end of the month). We were able to get the mattress itself in the van, but the box spring had to go on the top which I got to bungee down. Task one - check.

Sunday was move over my entertainment stand with TV and systems. We were thankfully able to take the stand apart and move it in an easier fashion. Only have one minor injury to claim, when we loaded the base into the elevator it tipped the wrong way towards me and pinned my thumb against the elevator railing - just bruised! So last night I got to sleep over on my comfy bed and watch my nice TV in my old room - felt as if I'd never been gone(even Emma [dog] felt that way when she jumped on the bed with me for a quick snuggle - just like old times)!

Once I have my temporary room set up and decorated as I would like, I will put up some pictures.

No comments:

Post a Comment