Sunday, May 9, 2010

And there there were walls

It has been some time since I last posted but it has been worth the wait. I now present to you my house. Words cannot describe how I felt when I saw it on Friday.

Brief mention of what happened. Last week I went out to the house and noticed there were piles of wood behind my house and yes, they were mine (the spray painted number on the side confirmed it)


Yes I'm just a little excited.

Then I went back this week thinking maybe I would have a floor, but it was so much more. I will let these pictures honestly speak for themselves. I was on the verge of some happy tears.

My dad walked in first, thankfully he was wearing his Mattamy hat, so the guys must of thought he was showing me around?


View of my entrance/hallway from Kitchen


This is where my wonderful kitchen will go


This is where my living room will be (or Great Room as they call it)


Back view of my house, nice big window in living and patio door at kitchen


Last but not least, my garage


Overall I am thrilled with the progress. I thought for sure my house would be no where near this stage since it's only the start of May and I'm also the "firebreaker" house which made me thought mine would be last at this stage. Perhaps they have to start mine to then work on everyone else's? As of now it seems far ahead of schedule, but I'm hoping this bad weather will slow them a little (more time for more money)

Here's to next week?

1 comment:

  1. Your first home construction is exciting time. building a home is one the most valuable investment you can make..i like the construction pictures you shared here..looking good..:-)
    thanks for sharing such good post.
    Newbuy

    ReplyDelete