Tuesday, August 24, 2010

An update to come

Ok,
While I have neglected this a little I have also been having access issues where I could see other people's blogs but never access my own. Of course as a result there have been many updates done to the house.

SO many so I think I actually forget them all. Plenty of pictures have been taken and will all be uploaded (through Facebook account) for all to see the progress. It's really shocking to believe in just over one month I will be living in my own house!

Due to that I need to really bare down and start prepping myself. I have been getting my mortgage ready (I'm sticking with original bank approval but I am fighting tooth and nail to get the lowest rate until my first payment is due!); I've actually managed to currently drop my rate by over 0.44%, which is HUGE. I now have to get packing started because I do admittedly procrastinate so I hate to wait until the week before (which is Turkey Weekend) to pack. Fortunately for me I never fully unpacked when I moved back to my parents, so I really just need to gather the stuff I'm not using as of now and put it away. Things like my computer and my TV can be done the night before I close as I still use them up until then.

Regarding the house, they are just finishing the installation of my cabinets and countertops. I do like all the colours, I think I made good choices, however I need to talk to my CCR about the installation. I do fully admit I know absolutely nothing of installing cabinets but I do know what level is and what appearance is and they all fail on both parts.
The kitchen cabinets aren't level, they all have gaps between the doors so you can even see through into the cabinet (that shouldn't look that way), and even some don't close or open properly. I know Mattamy will tell me that I can just bring that issue up @ my PDI (in Oct) but if the installers are there now (working on mine and other house) why not have them deal with it now instead of later???

No comments:

Post a Comment