Thursday, October 14, 2010

Today is the day

To quote the Smashing Pumpkins (showing my age)
Today is the greatest
Day I ’ve ever kown
Can’t live for tomorrow
Tomorrow’s much too long


My house officially closes today! I am right on time, no delays, no new moving days, just right on time! Sometime this afternoon I will be picking up my keys and be an official first time home owner.

I have mostly gotten over my fear of it, I admittedly spent most of last night in a funk, crying, moaping, mostly due to realization not only am I growing up, but that I will own the biggest thing in my life, and I did it on my own.

I unfortunately am not able to really move in until tomorrow, but I will try and get some smaller items over if I can, just to ease the amount the movers themselves have to bring. Somehow, I said three bedrooms worth of stuff, but I think I have enough for five bedrooms worth. My parents poor living room is crammed with stuff, the basement is just filled with stuff and even the back sun room has other things, I hope there is enough room in their moving van for all of it.

While I had hoped to try and relax and enjoy my weekend, I have a feeling it will be spent unpacking and organizing. I am making a mandatory stop to Costco on the Saturday to load up on some much needed food, Sunday will probably be spent grocery shopping also, though nothing major as I thankfully do not work until possibly the Wednesday.

I have a home inspector showing up on Tuesday to go over my house, note down things for my 30 day list, be interesting to see what he finds, or thinks of what I've found.

No comments:

Post a Comment