Friday, October 22, 2010

One week down, 51 one more to go

I've made it to my first week in the house. Though technically I did take possession on the 14th of this month I really didn't move in or have my first sleep there until the next night, which makes today 1 week.

I survived!! I didn't have any serious mental break downs, the house didn't catch on fire, I didn't do any real take out, I managed as an adult.

I of course assumed that by this point I would have the house fully decorated, everything sorted through and be taking billions of pictures and showing everyone around my nicely decorated house. Well, you know what they say about assuming...yeah, I am one.

I basically have the living room set up (though I am just awaiting delivery of my new love seat on Thursday) and my master bedroom. Granted my closet has yet to be organized, but there's a door on it so very easy to not show anyone that. I didn't think it would take this much effort, energy and time to go through all my belongings. The scary thing is I think even once I go through the remaining 10 boxes and 3 big garbage bags of stuff, that my parents will have more at their house once they do the remaining of their purging (their biggest was me moving back out).

So for the time being no photos, hopefully once I have it less looking like a tornado went through and more looking like someone actually lives there, I will be able to share the beauty of my biggest milestone to date.

My biggest purchase to do and soon - barstools. For the life of me I cannot find any that I like or have what I want, I never knew it would be that hard to find good barstools, I'm running out of ideas where to look. Suggestions are much welcomed!!

No comments:

Post a Comment