Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Frustrations and Jingle Bells

*Please note, any gripins in this post are merely for my venting purposes and obviously do not necessarily reflect on a whole company*

It has been two months now since I have officially moved in. I have been somewhat off kilter during that time as on top of the added stress of moving, I have had to deal with some heartbreaking personal news.

I wish to say that my home experience with Mattamy has gone smoothly and has been an exciting time in my life, but in reality it seems to almost be just continous amounts of stress. Last month I submitted my 30 day report, as required, and thankfully didn't have too many issues to really list down. I listed all major things found by the home inspector and some larger cosmetic things (such as significant floor squeaking and nail pops) to also some minor ones just to get them to touch things up.

Originally it appeared as though this transition had gone smoothly, within 2 weeks, Mattamy and it's trades were at my house to repair a large portion of items, but from there the downhill commenced. Another week passed and some more minor work was done. This time however, no paint could cover up their shoddy work. To this point nothing has been done about it and I'm beyond frustrated.

Long and short - on Friday (the 17th), I had the window company coming in to replace a broken window pane (from ice fall) and in that time I asked Mattamy if they could have someone come in to see the poor work done by the tile company (3rd time they were there, and yet again they broke another tile and never reported it). I also advised of a plumbing back up in my powder room. Mattamy rep scheduled manager and workers to come from 12-4; so my dad left my mom for just what he thought was those 4 hours to wait for them to show. Did they? NO! They didn't even call or email to advise they weren't.

During that time, my powder room toilet also overflowed and leaked onto my carpet. My dad had to call the emergency plumber but that took another 2 hours before anything could be done. So what was supposed to be a simple review of the bad work done by the tile guys and properly unclog my toilet turned into a 7 hour ordeal for my dad.

Needless to say both of us are irritated at this lack of respect on their part and I'm in the current process of trying to send communication to Mattamy but also in contact with Tarion in order to find out what I can do about the tile people always damaging my tiles and never reporting it.

This is suppsoed to be a festive and joyous time for me in my very first home and hosting my first family Christmas but I sometimes find this to be too overwhelming to be thrilled with everything. I wish I could say my home buying experience with Mattamy has gone over smoothly but alas I am left with a bitter taste in my mouth and while I'm not suffering from actual home buyers remorse I am experience home buyers anger from this company.

No comments:

Post a Comment